Teach participants how to recognize the strong points of an effective budgeting system, and how to move from budget-building to performance management.
- Budget origin
- Business people’s perception of the budget
- How did we get there?
» Weaknesses and consequences of the current process
- Deficiencies of the traditional budgeting process
- Repercussions for finance departments
» An effective budgeting process
- Overview of a holistic management system
- Integrated resource planning and budgeting
- Planning costs associated with demand
» Differences between traditional budgeting and activity-based planning and budgeting (ABPB)
- Budgeting deficiencies remedied by ABPB
» The importance of an integrated solution
- Consequences of using non-integrated applications
- Main functions of an integrated solution that supports the budgeting process